At some point, everyone needs a legal question answered in order to know if they have a legal problem, need to file a lawsuit, or just what to do in life situations relating to the law. Legal questions should be answered by a lawyers, but the answer doesn’t always require hiring the lawyer to go to court. Our attorneys provide legal advice by e-mail and telephone throughout the State of Ohio using our virtual law firm service. The advice you receive may be the final answer to your legal problem or the guidance you need to take whatever steps are necessary to resolve the issue.
Our Legal Advice by E-mail Service gives you a convenient way to obtain the professional advice at minimal cost.
How It Works:
- Click here to register for the Legal Advice by E-mail Service.
- Use the secure, encrypted communications link found in the Collaboration tab to send us your questions and concerns about your legal issue/matter.
- One of our attorneys will answer your questions, address your concerns and provide appropriate advice. All communications with our attorney will be archived in your secure MyLegalAffairs™ web space for future reference if needed.
Our Attorney Will:
- Review the information you provide.
- Communicate with you to clarify questions, obtain additional information if needed and provide preliminary advice.
- Explain how the law applies to you and outline the steps you can take to resolve your situation.
Our Legal Advice by E-mail Service can also provide:
- Advice about alternative means to resolve your dispute, including recommending mediation and arbitration, when appropriate;
- Advice about your legal rights;
- Information about procedures for filing or serving documents (if applicable);
- Referral to one or more Attorneys who can provide full-service representation if you need it.
Our Legal Advice by E-mail Service is limited to one “incident” which is defined is as a single legal matter which requires one or more legal answers for resolution. If extensive legal advice is needed and falls beyond the scope of this offering, and/or your situation materially changes, we may require additional payment for the time required to fully respond to your situation.